Thursday, October 19, 2006

Johnson - a fiscal conservative who saw the light

The carefully crafted coalition which elected George Bush as President included both fiscal conservatives and social conservatives.

While some conservatives see themselves as both, these are entirely separate views of government.

What a disappointment for fiscal conservatives to see the federal deficit at record levels, so soon after the Clinton administration erased the deficit left behind by the last conservative gov'ment of R.Reagan and G.H.W.Bush.

Social conservatives, especially the religious right, are furious to see that the administration has talked loud but done little to push their issues.

All in all, the people who elected George Bush are in a large part disappointed with the results.

I am a bit surprised to see myself supporting Bob Johnson for Congress, for I have considered myself throughout my life to be liberal on all counts.. I view Dr. Bob as one of the disappointed fiscal conservatives who was able to cut through the BS and see the light... to realize that Democrats, in the Twenty-First Century, are much more conservative than the republicans.

Maybe the struggle of making a living and raising a family taught me a little bit about limited resources and the craziness of wild, unfettered spending. Maybe I realized that we were spending away our children's and grandchildren's futures

I still support the kind of programs that spend a penny to save a dollar - health care and education and public safety - but I hate waste and hate to see the hard work of our citizens pissed away on the ultra-rich.

And I feel that our current congressman is part of the piss-off.

We can't change direction unless we change the people who are running things. Take back the House. Vote Johnson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home